Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Lavender Gifts from the Garden

garden stake party favors
Love this little idea from Celebrations at Home.

I LOVE this idea. What a great party favor for a shower or hostess gift.  My lavender bushes are so HUGE now I think taking a little piece of the lavender off and putting it into pots is something I'm going to try. Let's see if it works.  The little garden "stake" is also cute. It has Thank You rubber stamped on the little ruler of wood.  Gotta love a homemade gift. 

 

How to Split Lavender Plants  (according to eHow)

  • Water your lavender one to two days before division. To divide, use a shovel or spade to dig around your clump of lavender. Dig around all four sides, about 4 to 6 inches deep, and cut in under the main section of your plant . Pull down on your spade or shovel's handle to lift the lavender out of the soil. If the clump is too big, dig down in the middle of the clump to make smaller, more manageable sections. 
    I'm going to try this in the fall for the best plant splitting results.  I hope there are still some blooms in September! I can give some lavender as a gift to my neighbors and friends! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Gardener Wannabe

Gardener Wannabe
The Gardener Wannabe