Tuesday, October 9, 2012

End Table Redo

END TABLE REDO LOOKS LIKE NIGHT AND DAY! 

Look at this old, ugly little end table thingy. I didn't even know if it would be worth saving!

BEFORE PICTURE END TABLE 
AFTER PICTURE END TABLE 
I was using it in the basement and had topped it with some leftover granite that we had after
redoing our basement guest bathroom. It was so heavy we kept thinking it would fall over
and land on somebody's foot! EEK!
Here is the granite table topper. It is way too heavy for this wobbly little table. Plus the edges were rough since it was a leftover piece. So last week I decided to paint it and see if I could improve on it.

So I sanded it and primed it....and then painted it with black RUSTOLEUM SPRAY PAINT.
I just sprayed it out in the backyard on the grass. Heck, when the hubs mows it again, you'll
never know I was there! Well, maybe after 2 mowings....snicker.....
It took about 2 coats of paint before it looked about right.
Here's my paint. I like this ULTRA COVER RUSTOLEUM PAINT in combination with the VALSPAR PRIMER underneath.
So here is my finished little table.  It looks a lot better than when I started! 

I got the top as a tray from HOBBY LOBBY and glued it on top with LIQUID NAILS.
 I used a coupon and got the tray for $11.00! What a steal! It's a little dusty because we
just got done with these new wood floors and all the wood dust is everywhere in my house!
I'll have to find a nice little spot for this repurposed little table,
 won't I? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Gardener Wannabe

Gardener Wannabe
The Gardener Wannabe