Sunday, February 9, 2014

Valentines Decorating


Valentines Day Decorations in the Front Entry....
Just a few more days till Valentines Day! I've got the house all ready for the festivities! 
Valentines Decor on an end table in the living room.....
I really love all of  the cute conversation hearts and red chocolates boxes and cupids that make up the holiday of love.  I've got a lot of cute stuff stashed away in my February decorating bins.
Coffee Table decor for Valentines Day 
I used to always buy my kids a valentine of some sort as they were growing up. Somtimes it was just a baggie full of chocolate kisses. Sometimes it was a little toy or something. But the last few years I've mostly spoiled the grandbabies.

Cute Kitchen Table decorations....so cheery! 
I love to change the pictures and decor of my gallery wall to match the holiday. I change the black iron cones to different flowers and greenery as well as adding seasonal doo dads to them like sugared valentine hearts and red berries. And I love getting out my seasonal placemats and runners for my kitchen table.

My little grandbaby just turned one this week. She looks like a little pink and perfect sweetheart doesn't she? And she's lovin that cookie I bet. 

I like the kitchen to look cheery with a few new hearts and flowers! It helps my attitude when I have to go out into a frozen world every day. I keep this LOVE lamp lighted all month. It's a fun night light when I wake up in the night with insomnia or just coming home from work. 

Kitchen counter Valentines Hearts.....hugs and kisses! 
I found this cute cookie sheet at Hobby Lobby. They already have EASTER decorations out! EEK!
The valentines cookie sheet will be a fun activity for my students at school and for my monthly family dinner at my house with all my kids. My girls will love decorating some sweet sugar cookie designs.  I'll have to be on the lookout for some really cute valentine candy.

This time of year our family also likes to make a pilgrimage down to Heber to go to the Crater there at the Homestead Resort. HERE is some info on it. It's one thing we did very soon after moving here to Utah. We went snowmobiling and then afterward bought tickets to swim in this natural hot spring where a crater top is built over it. It is so fun to go there, get into your bathing suit and run, freezing as fast as you can from the dressing rooms to get into the nice warm water.

Gotta have some silver and red chocolate kisses for the candy dishes. I just buy the clearance Christmas kisses and take out the green ones. Guess what I do with them? mmm......yup. those puppies are long gone!
This is great little pillow for a Hot Potato Game....for a kid's Valentines Party. And it's a cute door hanger too! 

I can't believe how much Valentines Day Decorating stuff I've accumulated.....

Living Room Valentines Table decor.....
 I worked at Kohls while getting my Master's Degree in Education....so I got great discounts
on lots of their fun decorations at holidays..... It's hard not to go overboard though....:D

So anyway, here's inside my front door......
My dining room picture wall....each season I change the black metal cone contents.....and
hang some new ribbons or a swag of some sort on the wrought iron bar.....
Great Room entry......I love this jingle bell heart.....
Hanging from the dining room chandelier...lots of hearts here....
Kitchen table....I love placemats and runners.....and I change out the candle colors each season....
This little plate rack in my kitchen I've got Holiday plates for every season now....
Well....except for 4th of July...Maybe I can find some red, white and blue ones....hehe....

Valentines Picture Wall of my family and grandkids....
Outside on the front door I hung a heart ornament on a beaded wreath....I'm so crafty...hehe....

Front entry table....I love this light up LOVE lamp....it stays on all season long.....

My 3 sons and my darling first granddaughter....some of my fav peeps.....
My grandkids love all of my candy dishes...only thing is....these conversation
hearts are like a year old....I buy them after the season...they are for looks only! I actually think they might break your teeth if you chomped down on one of em......

I love this little cupid lamp.....Got it at Kohls after Valentines Sale.  
Love the little glass heart box I found. NOW I've got Valentines Decorations all up now! Ye Haw! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Gardener Wannabe

Gardener Wannabe
The Gardener Wannabe